HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my wonderful husband! We love you so very much.
Its Sunday which means its time for another round of Getting to know You over at MannLand5! Head on over and see all the other wonderful people's answers.
1. While at the beach, pool, etc..Do you cover up your assets or show them off? UMM If I had any assets I would sure show them off! Well I take that back...one year long ago when my stomach was flat I did wear a bikini but now its a tankini all the way!
2. Road trips or Plane trips? Road trips! Nothing is more fun to me than loading everyone in the car and making impromptu stops along the way just to see what you can find.
3. I can't stand it when...? My kids scream at each other.
4. Have you ever gone topless at the beach? Nope no way no how!
5. How many blog carnivals do you do a week? 3 or 4? Some days I just cant get my brain to function so a carnival is the way to go!
6. My favorite thing about the weekend is...? Sleeping in and most weekends no dance!
7. Pancakes or waffles? Waffles. Gotta love the syrup hanging out in all the squares :)
8. Water Park or Amusement Park? Geez since I havent been to either in forever I will say water park.
A friend of mine sent me this link on Facebook and I just thought it was too funny not to share! Brenna over at Suburban Snapshots is sure to keep you smiling, laughing, etc for a while so head on over and see what else she has to offer. So without further ado...
Why having a toddler is like being at a Frat party:
10. There are half-full, brightly-colored plastic cups on the floor in every room. Three are in the bathtub.
9. There's always that one girl, bawling her eyes out in a corner.
8. It's best not to assume that the person closest to you has any control over their digestive function.
7. You sneak off to the bathroom knowing that as soon as you sit down, someone's going to start banging on the door.
6. Probably 80% of the stains on the furniture contain DNA.
5. You've got someone in your face at 3 a.m. looking for a drink.
4. There's definitely going to be a fight.
3. You're not sure whether anything you're doing is right, you just hope it won't get you arrested.
2. There are crumpled-up underpants everywhere.
1. You wake up wondering exactly how and when the person in bed with you got there.
Just a small post to get my thoughts and feeling out and hopefully forgotten!
I am going in tomorrow for an outpatient surgery. I have never been put to sleep or had any kind of surgery other than having my wisdom teeth removed! At first I was kind of freaked out over the fact of being put to sleep. Then it turned into being intubated. That thought didn't hit me until I was doing my pre-op information and they mentioned it. UMM guess I never thought about the fact that when you are put to sleep you would have to be intubated..haha! Now the fears run anywhere from "What if the anesthesia doesn't work and I can feel everything?" to the typical "What if I don't wake up!" I know these are general fears before any type of surgery so I am dealing with it.
I know that I am blessed with family that is going with me, friends that are helping with the kids, friends and family that are keeping me in their thoughts and prayers, and friends and family that are stopping by to check on me. Who could ask for anything better?
I think the hardest part so far has been putting my kids to sleep tonight and knowing that tomorrow I will not be able to pick my kiddos up to give them their good night hugs and kisses or put my son in his crib. At least I will be able to have them sit in my lap (depending on pain level) and I can love on them that way!
Now comes the fun part...staying up late(r) so I can eat something tonight!! I don't go in until late in the morning and I still can't eat anything after midnight! WHAT???? Do they not realize that one of the first things I do in the morning is have my caffeine? How in the world am I supposed to function when I can't do that? Hopefully the nerves and anxiety will counteract the hunger and thirst!
Ok that is all. Now I am off to stuff my face so I won't starve in the morning!
Its Sunday again which means another dose of Getting to know YOU with Kelly over at MannLand5!!
1. If you could have one of Superman's, powers which one would you want? Superhuman strength..Flight..Superhuman speed..X-Ray vision..etc Probably strength so I can lug my kids and all their stuff around without getting tired!!
2. The best thing I ever won is....? HMM No clue!! Is that sad??
3. Have you ever skyped with a bloggy friend? Nope havent had the chance yet!
4. What is your favorite Summer month? I guess I would say June b/c we always get to head to Gatlinburg as a family. Even though its for dance it still a great vacation for us!
5. Pool, Lake, or Ocean? Pool for sure!! I don't like not being able to see what is beneath my feet!
6. One of my favorite Summer memories is.....? Sitting at the country club pool with my sister every single day in the summer when we were growing up.
7. What's your favorite secret bargain? Dollar spot at Target. We rarely head over there b/c its on the other side of town but when we do the kiddos love taking their own money and buying something. Bargain for me b/c I dont have to spend my money..haha!
8. Do you plan on or have you been watching the World Cup? Not a chance. Sports are almost never watched in our house. The only time I think we have had anyting sports related on the TV is for the Superbowl or the Olympics.
Most people I know will have Santa or the Easter Bunny call their kids and remind them to behave but me? Nope I just call Bebop (grandpa)! Heck I can even pretend to call him by dialing the numbers and hitting the end button instead of send and they will usually straighten right up. If that doesnt work then I can make a real call and he will tell them he is coming on over to check on them later. Works every single time! **Disclaimer. This is only on those really bad days where you feel like you wanna pull your hair out! Not a daily basis. I am thankful to have family that will stand up and help when its needed!**
Case in point. "M" and "V" have been fighting with me lately on cleaning the house. So today we had to stop by and drop some stuff off at Grandma and Bebop's house so Bebop told them he was going for a haircut later on and would stop by to check on them. Every 20-30 mins or so "V" would ask me "Is he here yet?" My answer was always "I have no clue when he is stopping by but we better get to work before he shows up." I really didnt and come to find out he didn't go and get a hair cut so he isnt coming by but hey their chores are done for the most part!
So tell me. Do you have a "trick" of making your kids behave when they just don't want to listen to you?
Its Friday! Oh wait that means I have to have another yard sale. This will be my 4th and last for the Summer and I will resume in the Fall with all the winter stuff. Well since its Friday that means its time for 5 Question Friday with Mama M!! Head on over and read some other wonderful bloggers answers.
1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship? Someone who is willing to listen to you complain, vent, cry, etc without expecting something in return. Someone you can be yourself with and not worry they are going to think bad of you for not dressing to the nines everyday, having your house spotless, or anything else. I love the friends I do have b/c they could care less who or what I am as long as I am there for them when they need it and when they dont.
2. What is the last thing you bought & later regretted? Nothing big really but I guess it would be the last case of coke I bought. I am trying really hard to limit the drinks I have but they just keep calling my name! I have lowered it from an ungodly amount down to around 2 per day (some days) so we are making some progress!
3. Have you ever had a prank played on you? Pranks..hmmm. The only thing I can think of is the time Daddy came up behind me and scared the bejeezus out of me. I was in the laundry room and he came up behind me and screamed BOO. I literally turned around and blacked out for a second it scared me so much! Guess I wouldnt be much good if someone broke into my house..haha!
4. What is your favorite theme park? I have only been to Disney World and that was when I was around the age of 6-8. I do remember I loved every minute of it then so I am super excited when we get to go and take the kids! That is our goal for next year or the year after.
5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth? I have and it was amazing!! One of our good friends needed someone to support her as the father was in Iraq and she asked me! I was pregnant with "A" at the time and was due in a couple of months so it was neat to see what I hadn't been able to see during my other 2 births.
Seriously? Has it really been that long since I have had time to sit down and post! You may ask what has been keeping me so busy. Well actually you may not but I will share it with you anyway! After the girls last day of school rectial week started. This consisted of many (too many) late nights with super sleepy kids. My sister came up to visit and help me with the kids during the recital. Recital ended the Sunday before Memorial Day and one would think "Great she got to relax" right? UMM nope! This woman ended up with a horrible case of strep throat and had to be seen twice in order to get it resolved. These 2 visits to the doctors ended up with me getting two shots in the booty too. Yippie! (PSST...Toradol is a wonderful drug and if I ever need another anti-inflammatory I will be asking for it!)
Summer dance classes are in full swing and Nationals are just around the corner! I am ready for just a week of relaxation. After Nationals we have a little break until mid-July when dance camp starts. I am sure there will be a soccer camp or 2 thrown in there sometime as well. Who said summers were lazy?
I am having a small out-patient surgery next week which scares the crud out of me. I have never been put to sleep or had any kind of surgery so its definitely a new experience. Hopefully the recovery is quick and pain-free. I am so thankful that my In-laws are taking the kiddos for a couple of days and then my sister is coming up for the rest of the recovery. So everyone keep your fingers crossed things go well and I am back to my normal, crazy, chaotic self soon!
See even posting this has taken me several days b/c things have been so crazy around here! Here are a few (seriously a few seeing as I took over 6500!!!) pictures I snapped from recital. Enjoy!
I am mom to 4 crazy chaotic but wonderful kids. We are a military family and loving every minute of it. In this house you will drown in the confusion and never be heard if you are not loud, outgoing and able to fend for yourself. WELCOME TO OUR CHAOS!!!