My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Hop!!

Milspouse Bloghop hosted by Household6Diva & Roller Coaster

Who is visiting me?

Ultimate Blog Party 2010
FabulousFridayFreebies

Come Swag With Me!!

Search & Win
MilitarySpouseBlogs

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tiny bit scared

Just a small post to get my thoughts and feeling out and hopefully forgotten! 

I am going in tomorrow for an outpatient surgery. I have never been put to sleep or had any kind of surgery other than having my wisdom teeth removed!  At first I was kind of freaked out over the fact of being put to sleep. Then it turned into being intubated.  That thought didn't hit me until I was doing my pre-op information and they mentioned it.  UMM guess I never thought about the fact that when you are put to sleep you would have to be intubated..haha!  Now the fears run anywhere from "What if the anesthesia doesn't work and I can feel everything?" to the typical "What if I don't wake up!"  I know these are general fears before any type of surgery so I am dealing with it. 

I know that I am blessed with family that is going with me, friends that are helping with the kids, friends and family that are keeping me in their thoughts and prayers, and friends and family that are stopping by to check on me.  Who could ask for anything better?

I think the hardest part so far has been putting my kids to sleep tonight and knowing that tomorrow I will not be able to pick my kiddos up to give them their good night hugs and kisses or put my son in his crib.  At least I will be able to have them sit in my lap (depending on pain level) and I can love on them that way! 

Now comes the fun part...staying up late(r) so I can eat something tonight!!  I don't go in until late in the morning and I still can't eat anything after midnight!  WHAT????  Do they not realize that one of the first things I do in the morning is have my caffeine?  How in the world am I supposed to function when I can't do that?  Hopefully the nerves and anxiety will counteract the hunger and thirst! 

Ok that is all.  Now I am off to stuff my face so I won't starve in the morning!

4 comments:

  1. I had emergency surgery in Jan. and being se dated terrified me,i tried to bargin with the doctor about the sedation which was silly but all the fears you wrote about were fears i had too. i wish you the best tomorrow and for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having surgery soon too. All those fears are definitely present in my mind as well, but you just have to put faith in God that it's all going to be okay. The doctors know what they're doing, I'm sure they've done this a million times.

    The midnight thing... thats just a sin! haha I'm sure you'll be just fine tho. Good luck hun, make sure you update us on how it goes :)

    Just so you know...I made my old blog private and created a new one! My new blog will look VERY similar since all of my old posts have been transferred to it, but this time around I'm not using names or pictures. Feel free to follow:

    www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with the surgery hon. The only surgery i've ever had was a csection

    Musings Of An Army Wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been put to sleep twice in the last 4 months. Once for my surgery then once 3 weeks later for a endoscopy. It is a nice nap! So, how did it go? How do you feel? You ok?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails