My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Hop!!

Milspouse Bloghop hosted by Household6Diva & Roller Coaster

Who is visiting me?

Ultimate Blog Party 2010
FabulousFridayFreebies

Come Swag With Me!!

Search & Win
MilitarySpouseBlogs

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Convention/Competition = Exhausted

We had a super long weekend which consisted of waking up super early on Saturday (0430), waking up 2 sleepy girls (M & my niece), getting the van loaded, waking up S, and driving 1.5 hrs to a dance convention/competition. Oh yeah did I mention that this was 14 hrs of pretty much non-stop dancing for all of these kids?! They started dancing at 0815 and finished the convention at 1530 only to start the competition at 1730. The competition did not end until 2230 and started again at 0800 Sunday morning so to say everyone was exhausted would definitely suffice.

I am so thankful for the fact that this was held at a hotel so Daddy, S and myself could head upstairs and relax. Can you imagine a 20 mth old having to occupy himself in the halls of a hotel for that long?? I may have had to to admit myself in an insane asylum after that!! S did amazingly well considering he was completely out of his element for that long. He loved the crib they had there and I wish we could have brought it home with us!! See picture below to see just how happy he was!

The girls did a wonderful job!! I cannot wait for Nationals in June!! These girls all start out strong but by June they ROCK! Its amazing to see how much they have grown in just a few months. I am so proud of all our dancers.

We were blessed to have V & A be able to stay with Daddy's parents this weekend. Those girls had a blast and did not want to come home! All of the kids love spending time with Grandma and Bebop whenever they can so its definitely nice to have them living so close by.

Yesterday was spent recouping and trying to unpack though not much of that happened b/c A wanted me to spend every waking hour attached to her hip. I guess she missed me more than she let on!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails