My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.


Blog Hop!!

Milspouse Bloghop hosted by Household6Diva & Roller Coaster

Who is visiting me?

Come Swag With Me!!

Search & Win

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Mania --Birth Stories


Mama M over at My Little Life is continuing Mother's Day Mania with Birth Stories!!!

I have held off posting well for several different reasons today.  The most important reason though is b/c I have been super busy celebrating "S"'s 2nd birthday.  Oh man I don't have a baby anymore.  WAAAAAH!!! What better day than to share his birth story right?  Right!  Well I will get onto it then.

I had been having contractions with dear "S" since I was 14 weeks along.  Irritable uterus leads to an irritable mommy!  My OB thought there was no way I would make it to full term.  I had been in the hospital twice at this point in pre-term labor in which they gave me the most horrid medicine called terbutiline.  I would never wish it upon anyone! 

At my 36wk appt I was a good 2cm and my OB told me to come in the next week and she would strip my membranes.  I had never had this done so figured why not give it a shot right? 

So that beautiful Tuesday morning I woke up, showered, got kids off to school, "A" to the in-laws house and I headed to my appt.  I get there and the OB did the exam and stripped my membranes. I headed to pick up "A" and went home to walk the neighborhood.  I was determined to have this baby soon!  I walked and walked and finally came home and bounced on my bouncy ball while talking to Daddy on the computer (he was deployed).  Thank heavens no one was around to watch that b/c I am sure it was a sight to see!

After hours of doing the walking and bouncing the end result?? No more contractions than normal.  Dang it!

Girls came home from school, we had dinner and headed out to our normal activities.  I decided to head to the in-laws and walk around their neighborhood since they have humongous hills!  What do you know?  I no sooner made it down the first hill and the contractions felt like they were ripping me apart. 

UH OH..I had to make it back to their house.  I was determined to keep those suckers coming so I kept walking until I made it back to their house.  I headed inside and told my mother in-law that I was going to get the girls from dance and thought I would be heading to the hospital tonight.  Yep I was still in denial even though they were 5-7 min apart at this time!

I called my sister in law who was my labor coach again and told her I was having contractions.  She asked when and I told her I had one right before I called her.  Well dance is a 5 min drive and by the time I got there I was having another one.  She told me to get my rear end to the hospital just in case.  Oh yea..I had "V" in an hour so no one wanted this baby to be born in the car or at home!

I got the kids dropped off and settled at the in laws and headed out.  I got checked in and the nurse tells me they have to monitor me for an hour.  UMM Seriously?  An hour!!  Well my OB was on call and saw the monitor and came in and checked me.  I was at a good 3-3.5 so she said nope we are admitting you and breaking your water.  Did I mention I love my OB?  If not well I do! 

They get me settled in a room (8-8:30pm) and by this point my sister in law arrives after working two 12 hr days in a row.  Thank you Kris!!  They break my water and asked about an epidural.  I was trying to have a med free birth but "S" decided that he wasnt up for that.  After an hour of horrible pain in my head from the fact he was sitting on a nerve and every contraction would shoot up to my brain I decided that an epidural was needed.  They started placement at 9:15 and completed it at 9:30.  Right after it kicked in "S's" heart rate dropped which in my case is a tell tale sign that delivery is not far off at all.

They got me all settled on my side and I looked at my sister in law and said "I feel pressure".  She looked at the OB and repeated it and I have never seen people move so fast.  It was actually kind of funny b/c they all know how fast I go from pressure to delivery (like super fast!).  This all happened around 10pm and "S" was born at 10:11pm weighing 6lbs 14oz and perfect as ever!

And for your viewing pleasure and since its his birthday here are some pictures of him!!!

Day 1...All snuggled up and sound asleep!

Like Father, Like Son

This was right before he opened his birthday present today!

Head on over to My Little Life and read some more fun and interesting birth stories!


  1. Love the story!!
    Head on over to my blog please I have an award for you!

  2. I was on terbutiline when I was pregnant with my eldest daughter, too. I wouldn't wish it on anyone else, either. I seriously believe that was what impeded my labor so that they had to induce me to make the contractions strong enough to actually deliver. Not fun at all!

    I wanted to drop by too... I have an award for you. You can pick it up HERE whenever you are able. :-)

  3. What a miserable pregnancy! I'm sure it helped you just love him that much more.

    That's interesting that he took longer in labor than your second was 2 1/2 hours so who knows what next time will bring...

    Happy Belated Mother's Day, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

  4. Thanks for the awards ladies. I will get to posting them soon!! 3rd was my longest but I think that was b/c I was induced. I was sooooo bored during that one..haha! My 2nd was super fast I think b/c I was in preterm labor from 30 wks on so she was ready to go! Hopefully next time will be a super fast labor but not too fast ;)



Related Posts with Thumbnails